Unique open-heel “window” design: Allows for easy visualization and palpation of the heel to help prevent heel pressure ulcers.
Two Available Lengths: HeelSafe DVT Hose are available in thigh-high and knee-high lengths to accommodate all of your patients.
Latex-Free Construction: Safe for patients with latex allergies.
Graduated Compression: Helps prevent pooling of the blood in the legs.
Knee High 20 to 12 mm Hg, decreasing ankle to calf.
Thigh High 20 to 9 mm Hg, decreasing ankle to thigh.
HeelSafe DVT Hose are indicated for people who are:
• at risk for deep vein thrombosis, blood clots, and who are at risk for or
who have a history of heel pressure ulcers
• restricted by limited mobility
• sitting or standing for long periods of time
• often traveling for long periods of time
Comfort Designed In:
• Soft, super-stretch material is comfortable enough for all-day wear.
• Moisture wicking yarn keeps moisture away from the body so the skin
stays dry and cool.
• Machine wash warm – delicate
• Or hand wash warm
• NO BLEACH
• Drip dry
• Do not wring
• No ironing
In vitro study with HeelSafe DVT Hose showed evidence of mild reactivity.
Patients with edematous, breached or compromised skin.
Peripheral vascular disease – No pulses = no compression hose
Consult with your doctor if you have a history of allergies or sensitivity to nylon or spandex; or compromised circulatory function.
Consult with your doctor if you observe any redness or swelling at the heel opening. Ensure that the measurement instructions for the calf and thigh shown in these directions for use are carefully followed to ensure correct fitting.